Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Validating EPUB2 and EPUB3 files, part of InDesign CC 2015: EPUB Fundamentals.
- If you remember from my workflow video…earlier in this course,…you should occasionally be running…your EPUB through a validation checker.…Just to make sure that all of the internal code…and structure is healthy and conformes…to the IDPF specifications.…Those are the ones that are listed right here…in EPUB publications 3.0.1.…That's the current standard for EPUB three.…And you can find them at idpf.org.…Now, you could expand your EPUB…and take a look at every line of code…and make sure that it's strict legal…according to the settings here.…
Or you could use a wonderful validation utility…that incorporates all this…and can check your EPUBs on the fly…and tell you if there are any errors.…Now the core source for this…kind of validation checker is called EPUB Check.…And it's available on GitHub which is a geeky…little site to post code.…It's not really an application here,…it's for people to include in their own applications.…But I just want to tell you that this is the source…and if you're looking at a validator…it should say that it is incorporating…
- Choosing between fixed-layout and reflowable EPUB
- Creating an EPUB workspace in InDesign
- Managing the sequence of content
- Creating a table of contents for navigation
- Working with book files and Word documents
- Adding metadata
- Cleaning up text formatting
- Mapping text styles
- Optimizing images for EPUB export
- Exporting to EPUB2 and EPUB3
- Previewing and validating EPUB files
- Converting EPUBs to other formats
Skill Level Beginner
1. Understanding the Nature of EPUBs
2. Setting Up and Testing
3. Preparing the InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Optimizing Text for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Understanding the EPUB Export Options Dialog Box
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB files
8. Converting the EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
9. Keeping Up with the Field
Next steps3m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.