Join Mike Rankin for an in-depth discussion in this video Using text style mapping, part of InDesign CC 2014: Interactive Documents.
The style mapping features in the Content Conveyor give…you the ability to instantly change the formatting of…text when you place it in a different document,…potentially saving you a ton of time and effort.…So, let's check out the process of mapping text styles.…Here I have two documents and I want to reuse all the content…from the one on the left In the one on the right.…Note that even though the two documents have…similar layouts, most of the text is formatted differently.…In the document on the left, I'll press the b key to display…the Content Conveyor and I'll click and drag over the frames I want to reuse.…
This loads them into the conveyor.…Notice I have an option to map styles but it's grayed out.…That's because I need to switch to the Content…Placer tool in order to make style mapping available.…I'll click on the Content Placer button.…And now Map Styles isn't grayed out anymore.…This is one of those things that can be confusing when you first…start using the Content Conveyer.…Just to the right of the Map Styles…
- Overview of interactive document types
- Enhancing a project with interactive objects
- Setting up hyperlinks, page transitions, and a table of contents
- Understanding media formats
- Adding HTML animations
- Manage folios with the Folio Producer
- Creating EPUBs
- Adapting a page layout for mobile devices with Liquid Layout
- Changing page designs with primary text frames
- Formatting text with text style mapping
- Workflows for designing interactive documents
- Customizing the workspace
- Organizing content with layers
- Using third-party scripts to work on interactive documents
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 09/02/2014. What changed?
A: We added movies on creating navigational TOCs and new support for fixed-layout EPUBs in InDesign CC.
Q: This course was updated on 12/12/2014. What changed?
A: We added two new movies covering updates to the EPUB workflow, and revised five movies to reflect other changes in InDesign CC 2014.1.
InDesign CS6: EPUB Kindle and iPadwith Anne-Marie Concepción7h 32m Intermediate
InDesign CS6: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin5h 11m Intermediate
1. Setting Up InDesign for Working with Interactive Documents
2. Types of Interactive Documents You Can Make with InDesign
3. Working with Interactive Objects
4. Using Navigation Tools
5. Multimedia Tools
6. Tools for Creating Digital Publishing Apps
7. Tools for Creating EPUBs
8. Tools for Adapting Layouts
9. Interactive Document Workflows
10. Advanced InDesign Workflows for Interactive Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.