Join Mike Rankin for an in-depth discussion in this video Using text style mapping, part of InDesign CC: Interactive Document Fundamentals (2014).
The style mapping features in the Content Conveyor give…you the ability to instantly change the formatting of…text when you place it in a different document,…potentially saving you a ton of time and effort.…So, let's check out the process of mapping text styles.…Here I have two documents and I want to reuse all the content…from the one on the left In the one on the right.…Note that even though the two documents have…similar layouts, most of the text is formatted differently.…In the document on the left, I'll press the b key to display…the Content Conveyor and I'll click and drag over the frames I want to reuse.…
This loads them into the conveyor.…Notice I have an option to map styles but it's grayed out.…That's because I need to switch to the Content…Placer tool in order to make style mapping available.…I'll click on the Content Placer button.…And now Map Styles isn't grayed out anymore.…This is one of those things that can be confusing when you first…start using the Content Conveyer.…Just to the right of the Map Styles…
- Overview of interactive document types
- Enhancing a project with interactive objects
- Setting up hyperlinks, page transitions, and a table of contents
- Understanding media formats
- Adding HTML animations
- Manage folios with the Folio Producer
- Creating EPUBs
- Adapting a page layout for mobile devices with Liquid Layout
- Changing page designs with primary text frames
- Formatting text with text style mapping
- Workflows for designing interactive documents
- Customizing the workspace
- Organizing content with layers
- Using third-party scripts to work on interactive documents
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign CS6 to EPUB, Kindle, and iPadwith Anne-Marie Concepción7h 33m Intermediate
Digital Publishing Fundamentalswith William Everhart1h 8m Appropriate for all
InDesign CS6: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin5h 11m Intermediate
1. Setting Up InDesign for Working with Interactive Documents
2. Types of Interactive Documents You Can Make with InDesign
3. Working with Interactive Objects
4. Using Navigation Tools
5. Multimedia Tools
6. Tools for Creating Digital Publishing Apps
7. Tools for Creating EPUBs
8. Tools for Adapting Layouts
9. Interactive Document Workflows
10. Advanced InDesign Workflows for Interactive Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.