Join Mike Rankin for an in-depth discussion in this video Using a table of contents, part of InDesign CC 2014: Interactive Documents.
Tables of contents are one of the most useful features in all of InDesign.…Not only will InDesign allow you to build and…update TOC's from any style text in your document.…It can also create links and bookmarks for readers…to use to navigate to content in EPUB and PDF.…So let's see how the TOC feature…works to build more interactivity into your documents.…We'll start by looking at a finished PDF of a college course catalog.…Here on page 3, there's a table of…contents that was built using InDesign's TOC features.…
It lists the different departments, and the courses that each department offers.…And if I move my cursor over each entry, I can see that there are links here.…I can click on one to jump to that page.…Furthermore, if I click on the Bookmarks icon on the left.…I can see a list of PDF bookmarks that…correspond to each entry in the table of contents.…The…TOC feature built both those hyperlinks and the…bookmarks with almost no extra effort on my part.…Now let's switch over to Adobe Digital Additions…and look at an EPUB of the same catalog.…
- Overview of interactive document types
- Enhancing a project with interactive objects
- Setting up hyperlinks, page transitions, and a table of contents
- Understanding media formats
- Adding HTML animations
- Manage folios with the Folio Producer
- Creating EPUBs
- Adapting a page layout for mobile devices with Liquid Layout
- Changing page designs with primary text frames
- Formatting text with text style mapping
- Workflows for designing interactive documents
- Customizing the workspace
- Organizing content with layers
- Using third-party scripts to work on interactive documents
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 09/02/2014. What changed?
A: We added movies on creating navigational TOCs and new support for fixed-layout EPUBs in InDesign CC.
Q: This course was updated on 12/12/2014. What changed?
A: We added two new movies covering updates to the EPUB workflow, and revised five movies to reflect other changes in InDesign CC 2014.1.
InDesign CS6: EPUB Kindle and iPadwith Anne-Marie Concepción7h 32m Intermediate
InDesign CS6: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin5h 11m Intermediate
1. Setting Up InDesign for Working with Interactive Documents
2. Types of Interactive Documents You Can Make with InDesign
3. Working with Interactive Objects
4. Using Navigation Tools
5. Multimedia Tools
6. Tools for Creating Digital Publishing Apps
7. Tools for Creating EPUBs
8. Tools for Adapting Layouts
9. Interactive Document Workflows
10. Advanced InDesign Workflows for Interactive Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.