Join Mike Rankin for an in-depth discussion in this video Using scripts for interactive documents, part of InDesign CC 2014: Interactive Documents.
InDesign is incredibly feature rich application, but you'll find there are…times when it just cant do what you really need it to.…Fortunately, there are plenty of fantastic third party developers who've…created all kinds of scripts and other add-ons to help you.…So let's take a look at how to work with the Scripts…panel and where to find some…interesting scripts to help with interactive documents.…The first important thing to know about…working with scripts is how to install them.…The greatest script in the world is no good to you if you can't run it.…
In most cases you can run a script from InDesign Scripts panel.…So let's start by opening the Scripts panel.…I will choose Window, Utilities, Scripts.…In the panel there are two folders.…An application folder with scripts that come with InDesign…and a user folder which is empty by default.…You can put new scripts in either folder, but I think it's generally a better…idea to keep them in the user folder to make them organized and easier to find.…And furthermore, you can create new subfolders inside…
- Overview of interactive document types
- Enhancing a project with interactive objects
- Setting up hyperlinks, page transitions, and a table of contents
- Understanding media formats
- Adding HTML animations
- Manage folios with the Folio Producer
- Creating EPUBs
- Adapting a page layout for mobile devices with Liquid Layout
- Changing page designs with primary text frames
- Formatting text with text style mapping
- Workflows for designing interactive documents
- Customizing the workspace
- Organizing content with layers
- Using third-party scripts to work on interactive documents
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 09/02/2014. What changed?
A: We added movies on creating navigational TOCs and new support for fixed-layout EPUBs in InDesign CC.
Q: This course was updated on 12/12/2014. What changed?
A: We added two new movies covering updates to the EPUB workflow, and revised five movies to reflect other changes in InDesign CC 2014.1.
InDesign CS6: EPUB Kindle and iPadwith Anne-Marie Concepción7h 33m Intermediate
Learning Digital Publishing (2012)with William Everhart1h 8m Appropriate for all
InDesign CS6: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin5h 11m Intermediate
1. Setting Up InDesign for Working with Interactive Documents
2. Types of Interactive Documents You Can Make with InDesign
3. Working with Interactive Objects
4. Using Navigation Tools
5. Multimedia Tools
6. Tools for Creating Digital Publishing Apps
7. Tools for Creating EPUBs
8. Tools for Adapting Layouts
9. Interactive Document Workflows
10. Advanced InDesign Workflows for Interactive Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.