Join Michael Murphy for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the sample files, part of InDesign CS6: HTML.
If you're a lynda.com premium subscriber, you have access to the exercise files for this course. So you can follow along step by step, or go in and reverse engineer the project files however you like. These sample files are organized into a folder for each movie in the course. And within each you'll find both before and after versions of the InDesign files. With begin and end in their file names respectively. All of the samples files are compatible with InDesign CS6 for Windows and Mac.
The available features and HTML output shown in this course will not match that of InDesign CS5.5 or earlier.
- Connecting InDesign styles to HTML tags and CSS classes
- Controlling the order of exported content
- Exporting just the content you want
- Bringing sidebars and pull quotes into HTML text flow
- Adding hyperlinks to images and text
- Replacing InDesign's CSS with a custom CSS
- Generating web-optimized images from print layouts
Skill Level Advanced
Photoshop CS6 for Web Designers (2012)with Justin Seeley4h 56m Appropriate for all
Illustrator for Web Design (2012)with Justin Seeley5h 27m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started with InDesign and HTML
2. Preparing Text and Objects for Export
3. Preparing Images for Export
4. Organizing and Exporting Content
Next steps1m 10s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.