Join Mike Rankin for an in-depth discussion in this video Using page transitions, part of InDesign CC 2014: Interactive Documents.
As you move from page to page in an…interactive PDF, the change onscreen is by default instantaneous.…And most of the time that's what you'd want.…But if you're using a PDF for…a presentation, that change might seem abrupt.…This is why applications like PowerPoint and Keynote…have transition effects you can add in between slides.…And you can add similar effects between pages…in InDesign that will appear in interactive PDFs.…So let's see how…to do that.…I'll start our look at page transitions with this document.…Which is used for a presentation on the reasons by it's…great to study at the Roux Academy of Art, Media, and Design.…
Right now there are no transitions between pages, but I can…add them in either the Pages panel, or the Page Transitions panel.…Let's look at the Pages panel first.…I'll go to the Panel menu, and choose Page Attributes…> Page transitions > Choose.…This opens the Page Transitions dialog box.…Here I can see 12 different types of page transitions.…And as I move my cursor over them, I get a preview of each effect.…
- Overview of interactive document types
- Enhancing a project with interactive objects
- Setting up hyperlinks, page transitions, and a table of contents
- Understanding media formats
- Adding HTML animations
- Manage folios with the Folio Producer
- Creating EPUBs
- Adapting a page layout for mobile devices with Liquid Layout
- Changing page designs with primary text frames
- Formatting text with text style mapping
- Workflows for designing interactive documents
- Customizing the workspace
- Organizing content with layers
- Using third-party scripts to work on interactive documents
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 09/02/2014. What changed?
A: We added movies on creating navigational TOCs and new support for fixed-layout EPUBs in InDesign CC.
Q: This course was updated on 12/12/2014. What changed?
A: We added two new movies covering updates to the EPUB workflow, and revised five movies to reflect other changes in InDesign CC 2014.1.
InDesign CS6: EPUB Kindle and iPadwith Anne-Marie Concepción7h 32m Intermediate
InDesign CS6: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin5h 11m Intermediate
1. Setting Up InDesign for Working with Interactive Documents
2. Types of Interactive Documents You Can Make with InDesign
3. Working with Interactive Objects
4. Using Navigation Tools
5. Multimedia Tools
6. Tools for Creating Digital Publishing Apps
7. Tools for Creating EPUBs
8. Tools for Adapting Layouts
9. Interactive Document Workflows
10. Advanced InDesign Workflows for Interactive Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.