Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Using object styles for EPUB attributes, part of InDesign CC 2015: EPUB Fundamentals.
- I think that this lesson might be…the most valuable one in this entire course.…And interestingly, it has nothing to do with getting your…EPUB output to look exactly right.…It has to do with why it's so smart to use…InDesign as your EPUB authoring tool.…And that's because we have this wonderful…feature called Object Styles.…You know that, throughout this chapter especially,…I've been showing you all the different kind of…twiddly things that you'll need to do to your images…in order to get them to appear correctly…when you export to EPUB.…
Specifically, many trips…to the Object Export Options dialogue box…to add All Text, to change the custom layout,…to change what happens when it gets rasterized,…and so on.…All of these settings, and more,…can be saved in a single Object Style…just like we have Paragraph Styles…that save all the settings for…horizontal alignment, and typeface, and letting,…and so on.…It makes your work go so much faster.…Let me show you how this might work.…We have an image here, there's this nice lady,…
- Choosing between fixed-layout and reflowable EPUB
- Creating an EPUB workspace in InDesign
- Managing the sequence of content
- Creating a table of contents for navigation
- Working with book files and Word documents
- Adding metadata
- Cleaning up text formatting
- Mapping text styles
- Optimizing images for EPUB export
- Exporting to EPUB2 and EPUB3
- Previewing and validating EPUB files
- Converting EPUBs to other formats
Skill Level Beginner
1. Understanding the Nature of EPUBs
2. Setting Up and Testing
3. Preparing the InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Optimizing Text for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Understanding the EPUB Export Options Dialog Box
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB files
8. Converting the EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
9. Keeping Up with the Field
Next steps3m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.