Join Mike Rankin for an in-depth discussion in this video Using navigation buttons, part of InDesign CC 2014: Interactive Documents.
With InDesign's Button tools, you can create navigation buttons that readers can…use to move through the pages of your document, let's see how.…Here I have a document that's a college course…catalog, which I want to put up on a web…site as a downloadable pdf, and I'd like to…add some navigation buttons at the bottom of each page.…That readers can use to go through the document page…by page and also to jump to the table of contents.…So in order for those buttons…to appear in each page, the best place to…put them is on the master page, that way, I…can just place them once and they'll automatically be…on all the pages that are based on the master.…
In this document, I'm going to put those buttons…on the A master because every other page is…directly based on A or it's based on the B or C masters which are based on A.…So I'll go to the Pages panel and…I'll double-click on the A-Master to jump to it.…And I want my Navigation buttons to always appear on top of the other page items.…So before I create them, I'll go to the Layers…
- Overview of interactive document types
- Enhancing a project with interactive objects
- Setting up hyperlinks, page transitions, and a table of contents
- Understanding media formats
- Adding HTML animations
- Manage folios with the Folio Producer
- Creating EPUBs
- Adapting a page layout for mobile devices with Liquid Layout
- Changing page designs with primary text frames
- Formatting text with text style mapping
- Workflows for designing interactive documents
- Customizing the workspace
- Organizing content with layers
- Using third-party scripts to work on interactive documents
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 09/02/2014. What changed?
A: We added movies on creating navigational TOCs and new support for fixed-layout EPUBs in InDesign CC.
Q: This course was updated on 12/12/2014. What changed?
A: We added two new movies covering updates to the EPUB workflow, and revised five movies to reflect other changes in InDesign CC 2014.1.
InDesign CS6: EPUB Kindle and iPadwith Anne-Marie Concepción7h 33m Intermediate
InDesign CS6: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin5h 11m Intermediate
1. Setting Up InDesign for Working with Interactive Documents
2. Types of Interactive Documents You Can Make with InDesign
3. Working with Interactive Objects
4. Using Navigation Tools
5. Multimedia Tools
6. Tools for Creating Digital Publishing Apps
7. Tools for Creating EPUBs
8. Tools for Adapting Layouts
9. Interactive Document Workflows
10. Advanced InDesign Workflows for Interactive Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.