Join Mike Rankin for an in-depth discussion in this video Using hyperlinks, part of InDesign CC 2014: Interactive Documents.
…Most interactive documents have at least a few hyperlinks in them.…With InDesign, you can make any text, graphics, or frames into links to pages or…specific locations within a document, and to…web pages and other destinations outside your document.…So let's take a look at InDesign's hyperlinks features.…You create and manage hyperlinks in the…Hyperlinks panel which I'll open by choosing Window>Interactive>Hyperlinks.…With text or an object selected, I can click…the New Hyperlink button at the bottom of the…panel and this opens a dialog box where I…can choose what kind of link I want, the destination.…
I can apply a character style, and set other attributes, like the PDF appearance.…In the Link To menu, I can select URL, or I can link to a specific file.…In order for this kind of hyperlink to work, the person clicking on it…would need to have access to that file on their local computer or network.…And there's a Folder button you can use to set the file path.…You can also make a link that creates an email message.…
- Overview of interactive document types
- Enhancing a project with interactive objects
- Setting up hyperlinks, page transitions, and a table of contents
- Understanding media formats
- Adding HTML animations
- Manage folios with the Folio Producer
- Creating EPUBs
- Adapting a page layout for mobile devices with Liquid Layout
- Changing page designs with primary text frames
- Formatting text with text style mapping
- Workflows for designing interactive documents
- Customizing the workspace
- Organizing content with layers
- Using third-party scripts to work on interactive documents
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 09/02/2014. What changed?
A: We added movies on creating navigational TOCs and new support for fixed-layout EPUBs in InDesign CC.
Q: This course was updated on 12/12/2014. What changed?
A: We added two new movies covering updates to the EPUB workflow, and revised five movies to reflect other changes in InDesign CC 2014.1.
InDesign CS6: EPUB Kindle and iPadwith Anne-Marie Concepción7h 32m Intermediate
InDesign CS6: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin5h 11m Intermediate
1. Setting Up InDesign for Working with Interactive Documents
2. Types of Interactive Documents You Can Make with InDesign
3. Working with Interactive Objects
4. Using Navigation Tools
5. Multimedia Tools
6. Tools for Creating Digital Publishing Apps
7. Tools for Creating EPUBs
8. Tools for Adapting Layouts
9. Interactive Document Workflows
10. Advanced InDesign Workflows for Interactive Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.