- As I've mentioned,…it's very important to apply paragraph…and character styles,…to all your text in your document,…so that when you export to EPUB,…you can turn off the option to include local overrides.…What that makes is for an EPUB that's much cleaner,…easier to edit if necessary,…and easier for people with accessibility issues…to be able to read the EPUB with a screen reader.…In the previous video, I showed…how you can hunt down overrides…and fix them manually,…in this video I wanna show you…one of my favorite scripts that…will help you do that work,…and automate it a bit.…
Let's take a look at our sample document.…We have a very simple four or five page document,…and it has no problems with paragraph styles.…If I click inside a paragraph,…and look at the Paragraph Styles panel,…there's no plus symbol after Body here.…But inside some of this formatting,…let me zoom in a bit with command or control +.…If I click inside formatting, like this green text,…you'll see a + symbol appears after Body,…because this was done as a local override.…
- Choosing between fixed-layout and reflowable EPUB
- Creating an EPUB workspace in InDesign
- Managing the sequence of content
- Creating a table of contents for navigation
- Working with book files and Word documents
- Adding metadata
- Cleaning up text formatting
- Mapping text styles
- Optimizing images for EPUB export
- Exporting to EPUB2 and EPUB3
- Previewing and validating EPUB files
- Converting EPUBs to other formats
Skill Level Beginner
InDesign CC 2013 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner9h 30m Beginner
1. Understanding the Nature of EPUBs
2. Setting Up and Testing
3. Preparing the InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Optimizing Text for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Understanding the EPUB Export Options Dialog Box
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB files
8. Converting the EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
9. Keeping Up with the Field
Next steps3m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.