Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the free Typekit fonts, part of InDesign CC 2015: EPUB Fundamentals.
- Typekit is a service that lets you subscribe to fonts.…Ones that you can use for websites…by linking to them on the Typekit server,…or ones that you can use in your print…or PDF or ebook projects,…by downloading the actual OpenType fonts…from the Typekit server to your desktop,…and then you apply them from your Fonts menus…in your programs.…A subscription to the Typekit service,…which you can see if you go to Pricing,…can be bought separately from the Creative Cloud,…but this Portfolio level one, $49 a year,…is included with your Creative Cloud subscriptions,…and is well integrated into all of the major Adobe apps,…especially InDesign.…
The main benefit of using Adobe Typekit fonts…for your EPUB projects, is that they're OpenType,…which means that they can be embedded,…as I talked about in a previous video,…and they're licensed for use…in an unlimited number of EPUBs,…which is unusual in the world of type foundries.…Only your Adobe OpenType fonts can be embedded…in an unlimited number of EPUBs,…and the ones that other foundries have created…
- Choosing between fixed-layout and reflowable EPUB
- Creating an EPUB workspace in InDesign
- Managing the sequence of content
- Creating a table of contents for navigation
- Working with book files and Word documents
- Adding metadata
- Cleaning up text formatting
- Mapping text styles
- Optimizing images for EPUB export
- Exporting to EPUB2 and EPUB3
- Previewing and validating EPUB files
- Converting EPUBs to other formats
Skill Level Beginner
1. Understanding the Nature of EPUBs
2. Setting Up and Testing
3. Preparing the InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Optimizing Text for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Understanding the EPUB Export Options Dialog Box
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB files
8. Converting the EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
9. Keeping Up with the Field
Next steps3m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.