Join Nigel French for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of InDesign: Advanced Styles.
- If you have access to the exercise files for this course you can download them to your desktop as I've done here. The files are arranged by chapter. If you need to re-establish any broken links, point to the links folder of the relevant document. I'm using fonts available on Typekit. Typekit is part of your Creative Cloud subscription. When you open a file and see a message to sync fonts, go ahead and do so. If you're viewing this course on a mobile device, a set top device, or your membership doesn't provide access to the exercise files, that's okay, you can still follow along by watching how I use the files.
So let's get started.
- Creating, applying, and redefining paragraph and character styles
- Using Quick Apply to apply styles
- Using GREP styles to automate text formatting
- Controlling text flow with styles
- Organizing content with paragraph rules and paragraph shading
- Creating, applying, and redefining object styles
- Applying styles with Find/Change
- Mapping Word styles to InDesign styles
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign CC 2017 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner6h 42m Beginner
InDesign: Designing Templateswith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 31m Intermediate
Accelerated Design with Comp CC and InDesignwith Tony Harmer1h 37m Intermediate
1. Paragraph and Character Styles Basics
2. Chapter Botched on Import
3. Advanced Text Styles
5. Object Styles
6. Table and Cell Styles
7. Other Uses of Styles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.