Join Mike Rankin for an in-depth discussion in this video Using cross-references, part of InDesign CC 2014: Interactive Documents.
…In a previous movie, we saw how you can use InDesign's Hyperlinks…panel to create and manage clickable links between content in your documents.…And you can also use the Cross References panel…to create links that are dynamic in nature, so…that when the content on one end changes, the…other end can be updated to reflect the change.…Let's see how they work.…Here I have a college course catalog and it starts out with some opening…pages including a table of contents, listing…the courses, Followed by some course descriptions.…And at the end is a form that students can use to sign up for the courses.…
In each year, the names of the courses might change.…So it might be good to have the course names on the form.…Be cross referenced to the names in the course descriptions.…That way, when a course name changes, I only have to make the change in the…description and then update the cross references to…put all the new names on this form.…To illustrate, let's change one of the entries on…the form from regular text to a cross reference.…
- Overview of interactive document types
- Enhancing a project with interactive objects
- Setting up hyperlinks, page transitions, and a table of contents
- Understanding media formats
- Adding HTML animations
- Manage folios with the Folio Producer
- Creating EPUBs
- Adapting a page layout for mobile devices with Liquid Layout
- Changing page designs with primary text frames
- Formatting text with text style mapping
- Workflows for designing interactive documents
- Customizing the workspace
- Organizing content with layers
- Using third-party scripts to work on interactive documents
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 09/02/2014. What changed?
A: We added movies on creating navigational TOCs and new support for fixed-layout EPUBs in InDesign CC.
Q: This course was updated on 12/12/2014. What changed?
A: We added two new movies covering updates to the EPUB workflow, and revised five movies to reflect other changes in InDesign CC 2014.1.
InDesign CS6: EPUB Kindle and iPadwith Anne-Marie Concepción7h 33m Intermediate
InDesign CS6: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin5h 11m Intermediate
1. Setting Up InDesign for Working with Interactive Documents
2. Types of Interactive Documents You Can Make with InDesign
3. Working with Interactive Objects
4. Using Navigation Tools
5. Multimedia Tools
6. Tools for Creating Digital Publishing Apps
7. Tools for Creating EPUBs
8. Tools for Adapting Layouts
9. Interactive Document Workflows
10. Advanced InDesign Workflows for Interactive Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.