Join Mike Rankin for an in-depth discussion in this video Using bookmarks, part of InDesign CC: Interactive Document Fundamentals (2014).
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- With Bookmarks, you can allow people to jump…to any content in a document with a click or a tap.…Bookmarks work in both interactive pdf and in EPUB,…and as we'll see in this movie,…you can create Bookmarks manually…or InDesign can create them for you…with features like table of contents.…Here, I have open an interactive pdf,…which you can find in the exercise files…for this movie.…In Adobe Acrobat or Reader, I can click on the…Bookmarks button to reveal the Bookmarks in this pdf.…I have Bookmarks for each department at the university,…and within each department, I have Bookmarks…for specific courses.…
I can use these Bookmarks to navigate…just by clicking on them.…Also notice that the course Bookmarks…are nested inside each department name.…I can show or hide all the Bookmarks in a category…by clicking on the triangle next to the name.…I can close these up if I want to or reopen them.…If I switch over to iBooks,…I have a fixed layout EPUB version of this same catalog.…I can click at the top to view the navigational…
- Overview of interactive document types
- Enhancing a project with interactive objects
- Setting up hyperlinks, page transitions, and a table of contents
- Understanding media formats
- Adding HTML animations
- Manage folios with the Folio Producer
- Creating EPUBs
- Adapting a page layout for mobile devices with Liquid Layout
- Changing page designs with primary text frames
- Formatting text with text style mapping
- Workflows for designing interactive documents
- Customizing the workspace
- Organizing content with layers
- Using third-party scripts to work on interactive documents
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign CS6 to EPUB, Kindle, and iPadwith Anne-Marie Concepción7h 33m Intermediate
Digital Publishing Fundamentalswith William Everhart1h 8m Appropriate for all
InDesign CS6: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin5h 11m Intermediate
1. Setting Up InDesign for Working with Interactive Documents
2. Types of Interactive Documents You Can Make with InDesign
3. Working with Interactive Objects
4. Using Navigation Tools
5. Multimedia Tools
6. Tools for Creating Digital Publishing Apps
7. Tools for Creating EPUBs
8. Tools for Adapting Layouts
9. Interactive Document Workflows
10. Advanced InDesign Workflows for Interactive Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.