Join Mike Rankin for an in-depth discussion in this video Using anchored objects, part of InDesign CC 2014: Interactive Documents.
In a previous movie, we saw how to choose which InDesign…objects will be exported into an EPUB, using the Articles panel.…And for the most part, you can also use the Articles panel to fix problems…with the EPUB content order, simply by arranging…items as you want them in the panel.…But you will run into a problem you…can't solve with the Articles panel alone, when you…have items that need to appear next to a specific point in the text of a story.…For that, you need to insert the items into the story itself.…And it would be nice if you could do that without disrupting your page layout.…Fortunately, you can do exactly that with anchored objects.…
Let's see how.…So, here are my course listings that I'm going to export to EPUB…and I've already created an article with the content that I want.…But I need to fix the problem where almost all the images are coming at the…end, when they really should accompany each new…department heading, like animation, fashion and graphic design.…In the EPUB I'd like for this photo of…
- Overview of interactive document types
- Enhancing a project with interactive objects
- Setting up hyperlinks, page transitions, and a table of contents
- Understanding media formats
- Adding HTML animations
- Manage folios with the Folio Producer
- Creating EPUBs
- Adapting a page layout for mobile devices with Liquid Layout
- Changing page designs with primary text frames
- Formatting text with text style mapping
- Workflows for designing interactive documents
- Customizing the workspace
- Organizing content with layers
- Using third-party scripts to work on interactive documents
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 09/02/2014. What changed?
A: We added movies on creating navigational TOCs and new support for fixed-layout EPUBs in InDesign CC.
Q: This course was updated on 12/12/2014. What changed?
A: We added two new movies covering updates to the EPUB workflow, and revised five movies to reflect other changes in InDesign CC 2014.1.
InDesign CS6: EPUB Kindle and iPadwith Anne-Marie Concepción7h 33m Intermediate
InDesign CS6: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin5h 11m Intermediate
1. Setting Up InDesign for Working with Interactive Documents
2. Types of Interactive Documents You Can Make with InDesign
3. Working with Interactive Objects
4. Using Navigation Tools
5. Multimedia Tools
6. Tools for Creating Digital Publishing Apps
7. Tools for Creating EPUBs
8. Tools for Adapting Layouts
9. Interactive Document Workflows
10. Advanced InDesign Workflows for Interactive Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.