Join Mike Rankin for an in-depth discussion in this video Using alternate layouts, part of InDesign CC 2014: Interactive Documents.
Once you become familiar with Liquid Page rules and Liquid Layout, the job of…creating alternate layouts for different screen sizes…and orientations becomes a little easier to handle.…So, let's take a look at how alternate layouts work.…If I select the Page tool and look in the Control panel, I can see that this…document is 768 pixels wide by 1024 pixels high in a vertical orientation.…What I want to do now is create a second horizontal…version because I want to publish this document to the iPad and…I want layouts that fit the screen both horizontally and vertically.…
All the pages in this document are based on the A master page.…And if I view that master's page in the Pages panel,…I see that the object based Liquid Page rule is in effect.…And if I click on the picture frame.…I can see that its width and height are…flexible, and it's pinned to the top and the sides.…The text frame has not been pinned…anywhere, and its width and height are flexible.…Also I want to take a look at the options applied to this text frame.…
- Overview of interactive document types
- Enhancing a project with interactive objects
- Setting up hyperlinks, page transitions, and a table of contents
- Understanding media formats
- Adding HTML animations
- Manage folios with the Folio Producer
- Creating EPUBs
- Adapting a page layout for mobile devices with Liquid Layout
- Changing page designs with primary text frames
- Formatting text with text style mapping
- Workflows for designing interactive documents
- Customizing the workspace
- Organizing content with layers
- Using third-party scripts to work on interactive documents
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 09/02/2014. What changed?
A: We added movies on creating navigational TOCs and new support for fixed-layout EPUBs in InDesign CC.
Q: This course was updated on 12/12/2014. What changed?
A: We added two new movies covering updates to the EPUB workflow, and revised five movies to reflect other changes in InDesign CC 2014.1.
InDesign CS6: EPUB Kindle and iPadwith Anne-Marie Concepción7h 32m Intermediate
InDesign CS6: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin5h 11m Intermediate
1. Setting Up InDesign for Working with Interactive Documents
2. Types of Interactive Documents You Can Make with InDesign
3. Working with Interactive Objects
4. Using Navigation Tools
5. Multimedia Tools
6. Tools for Creating Digital Publishing Apps
7. Tools for Creating EPUBs
8. Tools for Adapting Layouts
9. Interactive Document Workflows
10. Advanced InDesign Workflows for Interactive Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.