- In this movie, I'll show you how to…get around your document using the zoom tool…as well as the hand tool, both of which…are located at the bottom of the toolbox,…over here on the left-hand-side of the screen.…Along the way, I'll be sharing some keyboard shortcuts,…and while it's not absolutely necessary…that you memorize these shortcuts,…they will help you get more work done in less time.…If there's a problem with the zoom in or zoom out functions…it's that they always center the zoom like so.…
In other words, we don't have control…over the specific portion of the page…that we're zooming into.…I'll go ahead and zoom out once again,…by returning to the View menu…and choosing "Fit Spread in Window."…Or, again, I can press that shortcut…or Ctrl + Alt + 0 or Cmd + Opt + 0 on a Mac.…Let's say what I really want to do…is zoom in on this image of Saturn.…In that case, I need to select the zoom tool,…which you can get either by clicking…on the magnifying glass, or you can press…its keyboard shortcut, which is Z for "zoom."…
- Creating a new InDesign document
- Navigating in InDesign
- Creating and formatting text
- Formatting text with paragraph styles
- Creating dynamic hyperlinks
- Adding, deleting, and moving pages
- Importing, cropping, and scaling photos
- Placing artwork
- Stacking and layering objects
- Wrapping text around a graphic
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Document and Setup
2. Rulers and Guides
Working with the rulers4m 4s
3. Text and Formatting
4. Automated Formatting
5. Pages and Pouring
6. Photos and Graphics
7. Combining Type and Graphics
8. Publishing Your Document
Next steps1m 11s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.