- Differences between InDesign and Word styles
- Identifying transferable formatting attributes
- Controlling text formatting when cutting and pasting
- Placing Word files in InDesign
- Linking to Word files for automatic updating
- Working with footnotes, hyperlinks, and tracked changes
- Best practices for fixing text formatting
- Extracting embedded images and converting Word art
- Converting local formatting to character styles
- Round-tripping to InDesign RTF to clear out file corruption
- Syncing Google Docs with InDesign via DocsFlow
- Converting Word docs to InCopy
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Hi. I'm Anne-Marie Concepcion, and I'm thrilled to welcome you to my course, Using Word and InDesign Together. We'll start out by learning how Word and InDesign work with styles. You'll learn what I've come to call best practices for flowing and formatting Word texts into InDesign, including managing tricky issues, like local formatting, indexes, images, and footnotes and endnotes. I'll show a number of free scripts and other third party solutions that can really save the day. I share some great solutions I've found for the most common issues, including a file full of normal plus styles and for what I like to call bizarre formatting, plus I've got some in-case-of-emergency techniques for rescuing corrupted files.
Finally, I show some of my favorite Word alternatives that you can use hand-in-hand with your Word and InDesign workflow. Now that you're all excited about finally getting these two monsters to play nicely with each other, lets get started with using Word and InDesign together.
1. InDesign and Word Formatting Essentials
2. Best Practices for Getting Word Text into InDesign
3. Importing Other Word Elements into InDesign
4. Fixing Common Problems with Imported Word Text
5. Troubleshooting and Repairing Word Files
6. Exploring Alternatives to Word-Only Editorial Design Workflows
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.