Learn how to select and sync fonts using Typekit.
- [Voiceover] Typekit is a font subscription service…that's part of the Creative Cloud.…Its interface is very useful…for helping you choose typefaces.…Because over here you see there…are these different classifications…and we can also add in certain properties…that we're looking for…and drill down to a short list…of potential typefaces…and then sync them,…so that we can use them within InDesign and other programs,…like Photoshop and Illustrator.…
There are two types of availability.…Web and syncable fonts.…And for our purposes we can only use those fonts…that can be synced.…So let's say that I'm after a slab serif typeface,…I need the sync button checked as well,…and I want one that is good both for paragraphs…and for headings…that is in a regular weight…and a regular width…and has a high X height.…These are my options.…
Factoria, Chaperral Pro, and Adelle.…Now I happen to know that Chaperral Pro…is already synced,…so I'm going to sync Adelle.…And it brings me up to this option.…Wherever you see the option to show all fonts…
- Creating a typographic workspace
- Understanding the anatomy and terminology of type
- Choosing typefaces
- Sizing and scaling type
- Formatting characters
- Adjusting leading (aka line spacing)
- Tracking and kerning
- Using the Glyphs panel
- Adding special characters: dashes, quotes, ellipses, and more
- Using OpenType features like ligatures and fractions
Skill Level Intermediate
Graphic Design Foundations: Typographywith Ina Saltz2h 23m Beginner
InDesign: Layout and Compositionwith Nigel French1h 27m Intermediate
1. Choosing and Combining Typefaces
2. Character Formatting
3. Leading (Line Spacing)
4. Letter Spacing, Tracking, and Kerning
5. Small and Important Details
6. OpenType features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.