Join Mike Rankin for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Timing panel, part of InDesign CC 2014: Interactive Documents.
When you're working with animations, you'll often find you…need to exert some control over their order and timing.…For that, you can use the Timing panel, let's see how it works.…Here I have a page that could be used in a presentation, and it's…a list of the eight reasons it's great to study at the Roux Academy.…And I'd like to animate this list, so the reasons appear one at a time in sequence.…For that they need to separate objects, which…is why I have eight separate text frames here,…instead of just one.…With all the frames selected, I'll open my…Animation panel and I'll just a preset Fade In.…
I'll preview and the reasons fade in but I have…a couple of problems here.…State of the art facilities and world class teaching come in last.…Well, why is that?…InDesign isn't using the arrangement of frames on…the page to set the order of animations.…It's using the order in which these frames were created.…And when I made this list,…I forgot World-Class Teaching and State-of-the-Art Facilities,…so I added those last and moved them into position on the page.…
- Overview of interactive document types
- Enhancing a project with interactive objects
- Setting up hyperlinks, page transitions, and a table of contents
- Understanding media formats
- Adding HTML animations
- Manage folios with the Folio Producer
- Creating EPUBs
- Adapting a page layout for mobile devices with Liquid Layout
- Changing page designs with primary text frames
- Formatting text with text style mapping
- Workflows for designing interactive documents
- Customizing the workspace
- Organizing content with layers
- Using third-party scripts to work on interactive documents
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 09/02/2014. What changed?
A: We added movies on creating navigational TOCs and new support for fixed-layout EPUBs in InDesign CC.
Q: This course was updated on 12/12/2014. What changed?
A: We added two new movies covering updates to the EPUB workflow, and revised five movies to reflect other changes in InDesign CC 2014.1.
InDesign CS6: EPUB Kindle and iPadwith Anne-Marie Concepción7h 33m Intermediate
InDesign CS6: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin5h 11m Intermediate
1. Setting Up InDesign for Working with Interactive Documents
2. Types of Interactive Documents You Can Make with InDesign
3. Working with Interactive Objects
4. Using Navigation Tools
5. Multimedia Tools
6. Tools for Creating Digital Publishing Apps
7. Tools for Creating EPUBs
8. Tools for Adapting Layouts
9. Interactive Document Workflows
10. Advanced InDesign Workflows for Interactive Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.