Learn how to use the MakeGrid script in Adobe InDesign to divide a single frame into multiples.
- [Instructor] In this movie I want to show you … the very useful MakeGrid script. … Here's a document that I created … starting with the MakeGrid script. … Here's the finished version with the grids and guides shown … and here's the finished version without. … It's worth me mentioning how I was able to make that PDF … with my grids and guides shown. … Command or Control + E to export, … Adobe PDF Print as the Format, … and then just make sure … that you have this checkbox selected, … Visible Guides and Grids. … Any guides and grids that you have shown in the document … will be visible in the PDF. … Useful if ever you need to share your grids with colleagues. … So now, back to the MakeGrid. … I'm on an A2 page, 420 by 594 millimeters. … More important than the size is the aspect ratio. … The same aspect ratio as all pages in the A paper system, … one to 1.4. … So if I want 20 columns, 20 times 1.4 is 28. … That's where I'm getting my 20 by 28 grid from. … I'll come to my Layers panel …
- Why grids matter
- Setting up a modular grid
- Determining margins, page size, and aspect ratio
- Creating a baseline grid
- Creating a cap height grid
- Text wraps and grids
- Object styles and grid
- Using the Gridify feature
- Breaking your grid with images
- Shaping text frames
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign CC: Designing a Magazine Layoutwith Nigel French1h 51m Intermediate
Graphic Design Foundations: Typographywith Ina Saltz2h 23m Beginner
1. Grids: An Overview
2. Setting Up a Grid
3. Using a Baseline Grid in InDesign
4. Grid-Related InDesign Tools and Features
5. Breaking the Grid
6. Third-Party Grid Tools
Grid Calculator Pro6m 31s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.