Join Mike Rankin for an in-depth discussion in this video Using Liquid Layout, part of InDesign CC: Interactive Document Fundamentals (2014).
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Let's start our look at InDesign's features that can help…you design for mobile devices with a look at Liquid Layout.…Liquid Layout in InDesign is both a panel and a set of rules…for adjusting the items in a layout when you change the page size.…It's not the simplest feature inside InDesign,…but it's worth learning so you can take…advtange of its power if you need…to create different size versions of your documents.…In this movie we'll use some very…simple examples, so you can get started understanding…liquid layout.…On my page here I have just one placed photo, and one text frame.…
I've made four exact copies of this page to demonstrate what happens to the photo…in the text frame when I change…the text frame orientation from horizontal to vertical.…In the tools panel, I'll click on the page tool.…And notice up in the control panel, I a width and…height of 1024 and 768 using the iPad preset in landscape mode.…And to the right of that, I have the…liquid page roll menu, and it's currently set to off.…Also notice that since I grabbed the page tool,…
- Overview of interactive document types
- Enhancing a project with interactive objects
- Setting up hyperlinks, page transitions, and a table of contents
- Understanding media formats
- Adding HTML animations
- Manage folios with the Folio Producer
- Creating EPUBs
- Adapting a page layout for mobile devices with Liquid Layout
- Changing page designs with primary text frames
- Formatting text with text style mapping
- Workflows for designing interactive documents
- Customizing the workspace
- Organizing content with layers
- Using third-party scripts to work on interactive documents
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign CS6 to EPUB, Kindle, and iPadwith Anne-Marie Concepción7h 33m Intermediate
Digital Publishing Fundamentalswith William Everhart1h 8m Appropriate for all
InDesign CS6: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin5h 11m Intermediate
1. Setting Up InDesign for Working with Interactive Documents
2. Types of Interactive Documents You Can Make with InDesign
3. Working with Interactive Objects
4. Using Navigation Tools
5. Multimedia Tools
6. Tools for Creating Digital Publishing Apps
7. Tools for Creating EPUBs
8. Tools for Adapting Layouts
9. Interactive Document Workflows
10. Advanced InDesign Workflows for Interactive Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.