Join Kevin Callahan for an in-depth discussion in this video Using Kindle Kids' Book Creator, part of Creating Fixed-Layout eBooks for the Kindle.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- What do you do when all you have is a PDF of an old book?…Or if you don't want to get into working with HTML or CSS?…Kindle Kids' Book Creator PDF based tool…that will create an Upload Ready File for you.…You'll probably want to do some work on it…after you create the initial File though.…So let's take a look at it.…Here's Amazon's Website where you can download it.…And I just wanted to point out quickly here…this list of resources on the right side.…It says that there's a Kindle Plugin for Adobe and Design…and that it's in beta.…Well that 's wrong. Amazon needs to take that down.…
The Plugin stopped working several versions of In Design ago…and they've stopped developing it at all.…So, it doesn't really work for anything.…And in any event in it worked for…Reflowable Books not for Fixed Layout…which is what we're talking about here.…So that being said, you can download the…Kindle Kids' Book Creator here.…It includes with it, a copy of Kindle Previewer.…Because that's how you look at books…that you create in the Creator…
- What is a fixed-layout ebook?
- Good candidates for fixed layout
- Comparing the Kindle format to EPUB3
- Managing fonts
- Inserting images
- Using the Kindle Previewer
- Exporting InDesign documents for Kindle formatting
- Working with the Kindle fixed-layout template
- Using media queries
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Overview of the Fixed-Layout Format
2. Comparing the Kindle Fixed-Layout File Structure to EPUB3
3. Preparing an InDesign Document for Export
4. Working with the Kindle Fixed-Layout Template
5. Designing Region Magnification (Pop-Ups)
6. Using Kindle Previewer to Create Your Fixed-Layout Ebook
Using Kindle Previewer5m 29s
7. Bonus Kindle Features
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.