Leanr how to access special characters through the Glyphs Panel and how to save Glyph sets.
- [Voiceover] In this chapter I'm going…to talk about those small, time consuming details…that it's really worth paying attention to…because if you do it will really distinguish your work.…And I'm going to begin by talking about the glyphs panel,…how we can access those characters…that aren't readily accessible on our keyboard…and how we can save those frequently used…special characters as a glyph set.…So I'll start out with this section on foreign accents…and I'll press command, space bar,…click and drag to zoom in on this portion of my page.…
If you're using these accents regularly…it's worth knowing the shortcut.…For example an e acute is option, e, and then an e.…An n with a tilde is option, n, and then n.…But we don't need to know the keyboard shortcuts,…they are all on the glyphs panel.…My glyphs panel is part of my InDesign typography workspace,…but if you don't see it there, you will…see it under the type menu.…So on the glyphs panel, I'm just gonna tear that off…so that I can expand it, I'm currently working with…
- Creating a typographic workspace
- Understanding the anatomy and terminology of type
- Choosing typefaces
- Sizing and scaling type
- Formatting characters
- Adjusting leading (aka line spacing)
- Tracking and kerning
- Using the Glyphs panel
- Adding special characters: dashes, quotes, ellipses, and more
- Using OpenType features like ligatures and fractions
Skill Level Intermediate
Graphic Design Foundations: Typographywith Ina Saltz2h 23m Beginner
InDesign: Layout and Compositionwith Nigel French1h 27m Appropriate for all
1. Choosing and Combining Typefaces
2. Character Formatting
3. Leading (Line Spacing)
4. Letter Spacing, Tracking, and Kerning
5. Small and Important Details
6. OpenType features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.