Join Mike Rankin for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Folio Builder panel, part of InDesign CC: Interactive Document Fundamentals (2014).
In the DPS workflow, a folio is the basic unit…of production, and folios are composed of one or more articles.…In InDesign, you use the folio builder panel…to create folios and add articles to them.…You can open it by choosing Window, Folio Builder and you don't…have to have any InDesign documents open to see the folios you've created.…Folios can either be locally stored on your computer, or…they can be in the cloud at Acrobat.com.…They can also be shared with others or be private.…
And the Folio Builder panel can be configured to show…you any of these categories of folios or all of them.…Right now, my panel's just showing me one local folio here.…And that's because I'm not signed in.…So, I'm going to sign in using the panel menu, using my Adobe…id, and now the panel indicates that…I'm signed in with a filled in circle up…here.…
And I can see the folios I've previously created and uploaded to the cloud.…I can hover over each one and get some info about it.…And I can see this one has been shared. And I also have the document sizes.…
- Overview of interactive document types
- Enhancing a project with interactive objects
- Setting up hyperlinks, page transitions, and a table of contents
- Understanding media formats
- Adding HTML animations
- Manage folios with the Folio Producer
- Creating EPUBs
- Adapting a page layout for mobile devices with Liquid Layout
- Changing page designs with primary text frames
- Formatting text with text style mapping
- Workflows for designing interactive documents
- Customizing the workspace
- Organizing content with layers
- Using third-party scripts to work on interactive documents
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign CS6 to EPUB, Kindle, and iPadwith Anne-Marie Concepción7h 33m Intermediate
Digital Publishing Fundamentalswith William Everhart1h 8m Appropriate for all
InDesign CS6: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin5h 11m Intermediate
1. Setting Up InDesign for Working with Interactive Documents
2. Types of Interactive Documents You Can Make with InDesign
3. Working with Interactive Objects
4. Using Navigation Tools
5. Multimedia Tools
6. Tools for Creating Digital Publishing Apps
7. Tools for Creating EPUBs
8. Tools for Adapting Layouts
9. Interactive Document Workflows
10. Advanced InDesign Workflows for Interactive Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.