Join Mike Rankin for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Articles panel, part of InDesign CC: Interactive Document Fundamentals (2014).
When you're creating ePubs from InDesign, you have some choices…for how to define, which items go into the ePub.…And where in the sequence they fall.…You'll have the most control, and get the results…you want faster if you use the Articles panel.…Let's check it out.…Here, I have my college course catalog.…And one of the formats I'd like to distribute it in is ePub.…It's a pretty simple document.…Just a title page followed by a table of contents and…some course listings.…So, without doing anything to prepare the file, I'm…just going to export to ePub and see what I get.…
Press Cmd or Ctrl+E.…I'll go to the Desktop, and we'll just call it Catalog.…Click Save.…And it won't change of the settings in the dialogue box.…So, here the file opens in Adobe Digital Editions and let's take a look at it.…First thing I think is, Gosh, this is kind of a mess.…The first thing I have here is a photo…that was used as the background on the title page.…
Then I have the title, followed by a image by itself from the table of contents page,…
- Overview of interactive document types
- Enhancing a project with interactive objects
- Setting up hyperlinks, page transitions, and a table of contents
- Understanding media formats
- Adding HTML animations
- Manage folios with the Folio Producer
- Creating EPUBs
- Adapting a page layout for mobile devices with Liquid Layout
- Changing page designs with primary text frames
- Formatting text with text style mapping
- Workflows for designing interactive documents
- Customizing the workspace
- Organizing content with layers
- Using third-party scripts to work on interactive documents
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 09/02/2014. What changed?
A: We added movies on creating navigational TOCs and new support for fixed-layout EPUBs in <span class="il">InDesign</span> CC.
Q: This course was updated on 12/12/2014. What changed?
A: We added two new movies covering updates to the EPUB workflow, and revised five movies to reflect other changes in InDesign CC 2014.1.
InDesign CS6 to EPUB, Kindle, and iPadwith Anne-Marie Concepción7h 33m Intermediate
Digital Publishing Fundamentalswith William Everhart1h 8m Appropriate for all
InDesign CS6: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin5h 11m Intermediate
1. Setting Up InDesign for Working with Interactive Documents
2. Types of Interactive Documents You Can Make with InDesign
3. Working with Interactive Objects
4. Using Navigation Tools
5. Multimedia Tools
6. Tools for Creating Digital Publishing Apps
7. Tools for Creating EPUBs
8. Tools for Adapting Layouts
9. Interactive Document Workflows
10. Advanced InDesign Workflows for Interactive Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.