Join Mike Rankin for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Animation panel, part of InDesign CC: Interactive Document Fundamentals (2014).
- With InDesign's Animation Panel…you can make objects move,…change size, position, or visibility.…Unfortunately, these animations won't work…in every kind of interactive document…that you can export from InDesign.…For example, they won't work…if you directly export a document with them…to Interactive PDF.…And they won't work in DPS projects, either.…But, animations do work in exported EPUBs, and SWFs…and they can add a lot of interactivity…and visual interest to a document.…So let's take a look at how to work…with InDesign's animation tools.…
I'll start by opening the Animation Panel…and in the exercise file for this movie…I'll select the text frame with the artist's name…and the little ornament on it,…on the left hand side, here.…This icon with the three circles on the frame…tells me that the animation has been applied to this frame.…And in the panel, I can see that the animation…has been given a name, "Artist",…and it uses the preset, Fade In.…And I can move my cursor over the butterfly logo…in the panel to see a preview of that fade in.…
- Overview of interactive document types
- Enhancing a project with interactive objects
- Setting up hyperlinks, page transitions, and a table of contents
- Understanding media formats
- Adding HTML animations
- Manage folios with the Folio Producer
- Creating EPUBs
- Adapting a page layout for mobile devices with Liquid Layout
- Changing page designs with primary text frames
- Formatting text with text style mapping
- Workflows for designing interactive documents
- Customizing the workspace
- Organizing content with layers
- Using third-party scripts to work on interactive documents
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign CS6 to EPUB, Kindle, and iPadwith Anne-Marie Concepción7h 33m Intermediate
Digital Publishing Fundamentalswith William Everhart1h 8m Appropriate for all
InDesign CS6: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin5h 11m Intermediate
1. Setting Up InDesign for Working with Interactive Documents
2. Types of Interactive Documents You Can Make with InDesign
3. Working with Interactive Objects
4. Using Navigation Tools
5. Multimedia Tools
6. Tools for Creating Digital Publishing Apps
7. Tools for Creating EPUBs
8. Tools for Adapting Layouts
9. Interactive Document Workflows
10. Advanced InDesign Workflows for Interactive Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.