Learn how to use the Quick Apply feature to apply styles.
- [Instructor] A fast and efficient way of applying styles…to your text is to use Quick Apply.…You can access Quick Apply from the Paragraph Styles panel…or the Character Styles panel, you have this lightning bolt.…You'll also see the same lightning bolt at the top right…of the control panel but, preferable to that, you can use…the keyboard shortcut which is CMD Return or CTRL Enter…and this is how it works.…So, I have a few paragraphs here that need…the second level of head applied to them.…
I'll double click to insert my cursor into that paragraph,…press CMD Return, and then just start typing the first few…characters of the paragraph style that I want.…It's going to jump me to the first instance…with those characters, in this case, head1…but I actually want head2, so I'll just click on head2…and the style is applied.…So, let's just do another one.…I'll move now to my next spread.…My cursor in the paragraph, CMD, Return, it remembers…where I was before, click on the style,…the style is applied.…
The benefit of Quick Apply is that it saves you…
- Creating, applying, and redefining paragraph and character styles
- Using Quick Apply to apply styles
- Using GREP styles to automate text formatting
- Controlling text flow with styles
- Organizing content with paragraph rules and paragraph shading
- Creating, applying, and redefining object styles
- Applying styles with Find/Change
- Mapping Word styles to InDesign styles
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign CC 2017 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner6h 43m Beginner
InDesign: Designing Templateswith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 30m Intermediate
Accelerated Design with Comp CC and InDesignwith Tony Harmer1h 37m Intermediate
1. Paragraph and Character Styles Basics
2. Chapter Botched on Import
3. Advanced Text Styles
5. Object Styles
6. Table and Cell Styles
7. Other Uses of Styles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.