Learn about using the Eyedropper tool to copy and apply styles.
- [Instructor] We've seen applying styles…with keyboard shortcuts,…we've seen applying styles with quick apply,…another method is to use the eyedropper tool.…This is used for when applying styles…to non-contiguous text.…The eyedropper shares the same tool space as the…color theme tool, so unless you are not in the type tool,…you can press I to access the eyedropper.…Now, the way this works is that you sop all the formats for…one piece of text and then you click on the other piece of…text that you want to look the same to apply those formats.…
It can sometimes be confusing.…If I come and select this frame, what will happen is…when I try and sop all that text from the word trees,…it will actually apply that to the object.…Now, that's not what I want.…So, when you're using the eyedropper tool,…make sure you have no frame selected,…that way when you click on the text,…you'll now see a T next to the loaded eyedropper,…you've loaded it with text formats and not object formats.…So, I'm now going to move to the next place…
- Creating, applying, and redefining paragraph and character styles
- Using Quick Apply to apply styles
- Using GREP styles to automate text formatting
- Controlling text flow with styles
- Organizing content with paragraph rules and paragraph shading
- Creating, applying, and redefining object styles
- Applying styles with Find/Change
- Mapping Word styles to InDesign styles
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign: Designing Templateswith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 30m Intermediate
Accelerated Design with Comp CC and InDesignwith Tony Harmer1h 37m Intermediate
InDesign CC 2017 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner6h 43m Beginner
1. Paragraph and Character Styles Basics
2. Managing Styles
3. Advanced Text Styles
5. Object Styles
6. Table and Cell Styles
7. Other Uses of Styles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.