Join Kevin Callahan for an in-depth discussion in this video Uploading to Kindle Direct Publishing, part of Creating Fixed-Layout eBooks for the Kindle.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- If you're an independent author…and looking to get your books up for sale on Amazon,…you need to go through Kindle Direct Publishing,…which is Amazon's self published author portal,…and here's the home page.…It's available in several different languages.…There's a help page,…and just a general sign up, sign in kind of thing.…And then down on the right side,…you can find out more about publishing…particular kinds of books.…Let's look inside just a little bit.…In this fixed-layout e-book for Kindle course,…we're talking about uploading a MOBI,…but if you're doing other kinds of books,…if you're doing re-flowable books,…you can upload Word, HTML documents,…an actual ePub, a Rich Text Format, RTF,…Plain Text, and so on.…
I always recommend though, that you upload in MOBI,…because you have ultimate control over the ultimate product.…If you send them any of these other things,…they will do the conversion for you,…and you really don't have any say in how it comes out.…Every book that goes through Kindle Direct Publishing,…
- What is a fixed-layout ebook?
- Good candidates for fixed layout
- Comparing the Kindle format to EPUB3
- Managing fonts
- Inserting images
- Using the Kindle Previewer
- Exporting InDesign documents for Kindle formatting
- Working with the Kindle fixed-layout template
- Using media queries
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Overview of the Fixed-Layout Format
2. Comparing the Kindle Fixed-Layout File Structure to EPUB3
3. Preparing an InDesign Document for Export
4. Working with the Kindle Fixed-Layout Template
5. Designing Region Magnification (Pop-Ups)
6. Using Kindle Previewer to Create Your Fixed-Layout Ebook
Using Kindle Previewer5m 29s
7. Bonus Kindle Features
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.