- In this movie I'll show you how to update…the definition of a paragraph style,…and in doing so, update all of the text…that's linked to that style as well,…and you can do so by modifying…the formatting of a single word.…Now, in the case of our text, notice that…both the headline and the body copy are set…to a Sans Serif font.…Now you can go that route if you want to,…but that doesn't tend to be the way things work.…You typically reserve Sans Serifs for headlines…and display texts and things like folios slash…page numbers, where as for the text that actually gets read,…the small text inside the document,…you typically work with a serifed font instead.…
So notice that my type tool is still active,…so I'll just go ahead and click inside this second paragraph…in order to position my blinking insertion marker,…and then I'll double-click in order…to select an entire word, "materials",…and I'm going to go ahead and zoom in on that word as well,…so that it's centered on-screen,…and then I'll go up to my control panel…
- Creating a new InDesign document
- Navigating in InDesign
- Creating and formatting text
- Formatting text with paragraph styles
- Creating dynamic hyperlinks
- Adding, deleting, and moving pages
- Importing, cropping, and scaling photos
- Placing artwork
- Stacking and layering objects
- Wrapping text around a graphic
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Document and Setup
2. Rulers and Guides
Working with the rulers4m 4s
3. Text and Formatting
4. Automated Formatting
5. Pages and Pouring
6. Photos and Graphics
7. Combining Type and Graphics
8. Publishing Your Document
Next steps1m 11s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.