Publish Online documents don't have to static and they can be easily modified after they are published. Learn the important differences between publishing a new document and updating an exisiting document, as Diane Burns shows you how to use the controls and menus for updating your document so that you achieve the expected results.
- [Voiceover] Once you've published a document…using Publish Online, there's a very good chance…at some point you're gonna want to update that document,…make some kind of edit, whether it's correcting a typo,…changing a URL, or just tweaking the file a bit,…and if you've already shared or distributed…the URL for this published document,…you certainly don't want the URL to change.…Fortunately, we have the option to update…an existing published document.…Let me show you how it works.…Let's go back to InDesign.…Let's say that I want to make a change to this document.…I'll change the sub-head here to, how about,…Where the gators go.…
Now I want to republish this document, but I don't want…the URL to change because I've already distributed it.…Let's publish this document, and at the top of the general…options we have this Update Existing Document.…When I click that, I get a drop-down menu that lets me…choose from all the documents I've ever published.…I can replace any one of these with my current document.…These documents are listed from the most…
Learn what Publish Online can and cannot do, and how to adjust the publication settings to make sure documents look the way you want. Find out how to upload documents to the web and then share them via Facebook, Twitter, or email. Then look at the navigation and interface options used when viewing published documents, and learn how to update your published documents online. Author Diane Burns concludes with some advanced techniques, such as embedding published documents in websites and creating customized thumbnails for document navigation.
- Previewing real-world Publish Online documents
- Changing the publishing settings
- Uploading documents to Adobe servers
- Updating published documents
- Sharing documents via social media and email
- Using the Publications dashboard
- Understanding document analytics
- Viewing documents online
- Embedding documents on websites
- Adding projects to Behance