Ready to watch this entire course?
Become a member and get unlimited access to the entire skills library of over 4,987 courses, including more Design and personalized recommendations.Start Your Free Trial Now
- View Offline
- What are styles and why should I use them?
- Setting up and applying styles
- Dealing with style overrides
- Text styles
- Object styles
- Table styles
- Using style groups
- Sharing styles between documents
Skill Level Beginner
- Hi, I'm Chad Chelius, author, trainer, consultant, and most importantly, InDesign user. This course is focused on InDesign styles. Styles allow you to accurately and consistently format content in your InDesign layouts with amazing power and ease. Throughout this course, I'll break down styles and help you to understand the hows and whys of styles, how they're used, and why you should use them, and the benefits that you'll gain by doing so. We'll cover all the different types of styles available in InDesign.
Topics include paragraph styles, character styles, nested styles, object styles, and table styles. You'll learn how to use all of these different styles to make InDesign do the work for you, helping you to work faster and more efficiently. If you create content that requires consistent formatting, styles are for you. You'll walk away from this course with a solid understanding of how to use styles in your day-to-day projects. I'm proud to be the author of this course, and proud of the training that I've helped produce.
I hope you enjoy it, and I hope you have fun using styles in your day-to-day projects.