Join Mike Rankin for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding media formats, part of InDesign CC: Interactive Document Fundamentals (2014).
Since InDesign is primarely a page layout tool, with…its origins in print production you might be surprised…to know that its offered support for playing audio…and video all the way back to CS2 days.…And now you can export InDesign files as PDFs, SWFs,…EPUBs and mobile apps, with embedded or streaming video and audio.…So, let's take a look at the details…of InDesign's media support, and some best practices.…The first thing to know when it comes to working with…media in InDesign, is which formats are supported for placing and output.…
When it comes to putting audio in…your InDesign documents, you should use MP3 format.…If you have audio in other formats, you can…use iTunes or Mac or Windows to convert to MP3.…For video, you can place files in Flash Video format, FLV and F4V files,…H.264 encoded files like MP4s and M4Vs, and SWF files.…Of those formats, the recommended best practice,…is to use the H.264 encoded files.…
Because they're fully supported within InDesign, so you get…to use all the controls in the media panel.…
- Overview of interactive document types
- Enhancing a project with interactive objects
- Setting up hyperlinks, page transitions, and a table of contents
- Understanding media formats
- Adding HTML animations
- Manage folios with the Folio Producer
- Creating EPUBs
- Adapting a page layout for mobile devices with Liquid Layout
- Changing page designs with primary text frames
- Formatting text with text style mapping
- Workflows for designing interactive documents
- Customizing the workspace
- Organizing content with layers
- Using third-party scripts to work on interactive documents
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 09/02/2014. What changed?
A: We added movies on creating navigational TOCs and new support for fixed-layout EPUBs in InDesign CC.
Q: This course was updated on 12/12/2014. What changed?
A: We added two new movies covering updates to the EPUB workflow, and revised five movies to reflect other changes in InDesign CC 2014.1.
InDesign CS6 to EPUB, Kindle, and iPadwith Anne-Marie Concepción7h 33m Intermediate
Digital Publishing Fundamentalswith William Everhart1h 8m Appropriate for all
InDesign CS6: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin5h 11m Intermediate
1. Setting Up InDesign for Working with Interactive Documents
2. Types of Interactive Documents You Can Make with InDesign
3. Working with Interactive Objects
4. Using Navigation Tools
5. Multimedia Tools
6. Tools for Creating Digital Publishing Apps
7. Tools for Creating EPUBs
8. Tools for Adapting Layouts
9. Interactive Document Workflows
10. Advanced InDesign Workflows for Interactive Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.