Join Mike Rankin for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding form objects, part of InDesign CC: Interactive Document Fundamentals (2014).
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
With form objects, you can create great looking…PDF forms that users can complete and submit.…You can add text fields people can type in, radio buttons, list boxes and combo…boxes to offer choices, and even create signature…fields where users can digitally sign a PDF.…So let's check out PDF form objects.…Here I have a PDF of a college…course application that was created entirely in InDesign.…In Adobe Acrobat I…can click on highlight existing fields to reveal my form fields.…
So now I can see this isn't just a static document that you'd have…to print out and complete manually, there are real form fields for every entry.…So I can click on first name. And I can type in my name.…Tab over to last name.…Tab again and I can press return or enter to select male and so on.…Also notice that the buttons for male and female are related.…When I select one, the other is automatically deselected.…And if I scroll down to the bottom of the form, there's even a field to apply a…digital signature, plus buttons to print, submit and clear the form.…
- Overview of interactive document types
- Enhancing a project with interactive objects
- Setting up hyperlinks, page transitions, and a table of contents
- Understanding media formats
- Adding HTML animations
- Manage folios with the Folio Producer
- Creating EPUBs
- Adapting a page layout for mobile devices with Liquid Layout
- Changing page designs with primary text frames
- Formatting text with text style mapping
- Workflows for designing interactive documents
- Customizing the workspace
- Organizing content with layers
- Using third-party scripts to work on interactive documents
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign CS6 to EPUB, Kindle, and iPadwith Anne-Marie Concepción7h 33m Intermediate
Digital Publishing Fundamentalswith William Everhart1h 8m Appropriate for all
InDesign CS6: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin5h 11m Intermediate
1. Setting Up InDesign for Working with Interactive Documents
2. Types of Interactive Documents You Can Make with InDesign
3. Working with Interactive Objects
4. Using Navigation Tools
5. Multimedia Tools
6. Tools for Creating Digital Publishing Apps
7. Tools for Creating EPUBs
8. Tools for Adapting Layouts
9. Interactive Document Workflows
10. Advanced InDesign Workflows for Interactive Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.