Join Mike Rankin for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding document intent, part of InDesign CC: Interactive Document Fundamentals (2014).
It's important to get your interactive…documents started out right from the beginning.…When you create a new document, you have to tell InDesign…whether you're creating it for print, the web, or for digital publishing.…Of course you can always output any document to any media later on.…But selecting the right intent at the start, can save you time and trouble.…So, lets take a look at document intent,…and what impact it has on interactive documents.…We'll start by creating a new document, I'll just…press Cmd or Ctrl+N to open the dialog box.…And let's turn on Preview, so that we can see the effect of our choices right away.…
In the dialog box, the second item down from the top, right under the presets…menu, is this menu for intent, and it…has three choices, Print, Web and Digital publishing.…We'll start with Print.…If I create a document with Print intent,…and don't make any other changes in this dialog…box, I'll get a document with facing pages, letter sized.…In portrait orientation.…My units will be in picas and my swatches will be cmyk.…
- Overview of interactive document types
- Enhancing a project with interactive objects
- Setting up hyperlinks, page transitions, and a table of contents
- Understanding media formats
- Adding HTML animations
- Manage folios with the Folio Producer
- Creating EPUBs
- Adapting a page layout for mobile devices with Liquid Layout
- Changing page designs with primary text frames
- Formatting text with text style mapping
- Workflows for designing interactive documents
- Customizing the workspace
- Organizing content with layers
- Using third-party scripts to work on interactive documents
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 09/02/2014. What changed?
A: We added movies on creating navigational TOCs and new support for fixed-layout EPUBs in <span class="il">InDesign</span> CC.
Q: This course was updated on 12/12/2014. What changed?
A: We added two new movies covering updates to the EPUB workflow, and revised five movies to reflect other changes in InDesign CC 2014.1.
InDesign CS6 to EPUB, Kindle, and iPadwith Anne-Marie Concepción7h 33m Intermediate
Digital Publishing Fundamentalswith William Everhart1h 8m Appropriate for all
InDesign CS6: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin5h 11m Intermediate
1. Setting Up InDesign for Working with Interactive Documents
2. Types of Interactive Documents You Can Make with InDesign
3. Working with Interactive Objects
4. Using Navigation Tools
5. Multimedia Tools
6. Tools for Creating Digital Publishing Apps
7. Tools for Creating EPUBs
8. Tools for Adapting Layouts
9. Interactive Document Workflows
10. Advanced InDesign Workflows for Interactive Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.