Join Mike Rankin for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding buttons, part of InDesign CC 2014: Interactive Documents.
You can add all kinds of interactivity to documents…that you export to PDF or SWF with buttons.…A button can be used to navigate to…different pages or specific content on a page.…It can play movies, sounds and animations, and…it can even show and hide buttons, including itself.…So, let's take a tour of the buttons features inside InDesign,…and use them to add some interactivity to an artist portfolio.…Here, I have a simple one page…document with the artist's name, the titles…of three paintings, each in separate text…frames, and pictures of each painting, most…of which are grouped with the captions.…
I'd like to fit all the paintings on this one page, but I…really don't want to make them smaller since…that would take away from their impact.…This is a problem that you can solve with buttons, since you can control…the visibility of each painting and show just one of them at a time.…To start, I'll select the first painting.…i'll go to the buttons in Forms panel, and down at the bottom right.…I'll click the button to convert this object to a button, and…
- Overview of interactive document types
- Enhancing a project with interactive objects
- Setting up hyperlinks, page transitions, and a table of contents
- Understanding media formats
- Adding HTML animations
- Manage folios with the Folio Producer
- Creating EPUBs
- Adapting a page layout for mobile devices with Liquid Layout
- Changing page designs with primary text frames
- Formatting text with text style mapping
- Workflows for designing interactive documents
- Customizing the workspace
- Organizing content with layers
- Using third-party scripts to work on interactive documents
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 09/02/2014. What changed?
A: We added movies on creating navigational TOCs and new support for fixed-layout EPUBs in InDesign CC.
Q: This course was updated on 12/12/2014. What changed?
A: We added two new movies covering updates to the EPUB workflow, and revised five movies to reflect other changes in InDesign CC 2014.1.
InDesign CS6: EPUB Kindle and iPadwith Anne-Marie Concepción7h 32m Intermediate
InDesign CS6: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin5h 11m Intermediate
1. Setting Up InDesign for Working with Interactive Documents
2. Types of Interactive Documents You Can Make with InDesign
3. Working with Interactive Objects
4. Using Navigation Tools
5. Multimedia Tools
6. Tools for Creating Digital Publishing Apps
7. Tools for Creating EPUBs
8. Tools for Adapting Layouts
9. Interactive Document Workflows
10. Advanced InDesign Workflows for Interactive Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.