Join Mike Rankin for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding the Digital Publishing Suite, part of InDesign CC: Interactive Document Fundamentals (2014).
The Digital Publishing Suite or DPS for…short, is Adobe's solution for publishing InDesign…documents to mobile devices like Apple's iPad,…Amazon's Kindle Fire, and other Android tablets.…DPS allows you to take your InDesign layouts…and add interactivity to them, and then share…them or publish them commercially, either as an…individual app or bundle together on a muli-issue app.…In terms of cost, the basic DPS…tools in InDesign are included with the application.…So, there's no extra cost associated with…creating and sharing DPS projects with other people.…
However, there can be additional cost associated…with publishing your project as an app.…You can publish your single app for iPad only to the Apple App…Store, for a one-time fee of $395 as of the time of this recording.…If you're a paid Creative Cloud…subscriber, you can create an unlimited number of…single-issue apps for the iPad at no extra cost.…If you're going to be making a large number of DPS apps,…or you want to publish them to both Apple and Android devices,…
- Overview of interactive document types
- Enhancing a project with interactive objects
- Setting up hyperlinks, page transitions, and a table of contents
- Understanding media formats
- Adding HTML animations
- Manage folios with the Folio Producer
- Creating EPUBs
- Adapting a page layout for mobile devices with Liquid Layout
- Changing page designs with primary text frames
- Formatting text with text style mapping
- Workflows for designing interactive documents
- Customizing the workspace
- Organizing content with layers
- Using third-party scripts to work on interactive documents
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign CS6 to EPUB, Kindle, and iPadwith Anne-Marie Concepción7h 33m Intermediate
Digital Publishing Fundamentalswith William Everhart1h 8m Appropriate for all
InDesign CS6: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin5h 11m Intermediate
1. Setting Up InDesign for Working with Interactive Documents
2. Types of Interactive Documents You Can Make with InDesign
3. Working with Interactive Objects
4. Using Navigation Tools
5. Multimedia Tools
6. Tools for Creating Digital Publishing Apps
7. Tools for Creating EPUBs
8. Tools for Adapting Layouts
9. Interactive Document Workflows
10. Advanced InDesign Workflows for Interactive Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.