Publish Online creates a document on Adobe's cloud servers, where its unique URL can be accessed by any browser on any device. This video will show you the advantages and potential disadvantages of the platform, so that you can plan distribution of your InDesign document appropriately, and determine whether Publish Online presents the best distribution option for reaching your audience.
- [Voiceover] Before we get started…with how Publish Online actually works,…there are a few things about this unique…publishing platform that are important to understand.…The technology that is published online…can be divided into two parts.…One part is InDesign, which you need…to create and publish your document, and which,…of course, requires an active Creative Cloud subscription.…The other part of Publish Online…lives on Adobe's web servers.…When you publish your document from InDesign,…it's uploaded to Adobe servers as CSS and HTML,…similar to, but not identical to a fixed layout EPUB.…
Adobe web servers provide all the features…of the user experience when your document is viewed,…such as the navigation, including document thumbnails.…Adobe Cloud servers also provide the web dashboard…which is used for managing your documents.…Now let's look at some specific characteristics of…Publish Online, including its advantages over other…publishing platforms, and some features that may be…considered limitations depending on your specific needs.…
Learn what Publish Online can and cannot do, and how to adjust the publication settings to make sure documents look the way you want. Find out how to upload documents to the web and then share them via Facebook, Twitter, or email. Then look at the navigation and interface options used when viewing published documents, and learn how to update your published documents online. Author Diane Burns concludes with some advanced techniques, such as embedding published documents in websites and creating customized thumbnails for document navigation.
- Previewing real-world Publish Online documents
- Changing the publishing settings
- Uploading documents to Adobe servers
- Updating published documents
- Sharing documents via social media and email
- Using the Publications dashboard
- Understanding document analytics
- Viewing documents online
- Embedding documents on websites
- Adding projects to Behance