Learn when and how to use underline and strikethrough.
- [Voiceover] Underlining is most commonly used…to indicate a hyperlink if you're creating…an interactive document like an interactive PDF.…And at its most basic, all you need to do…is select your word or range of text…and then come and click on the underline button…or you can use the keyboard shortcut cmd + shift + u…to apply or unapply the underlining.…But if you want to go further with the underlining…then that's going to involve using a character style…which is what I've done here and this will allow me…to change the position of the underline…relative to the text as well as the weight…of the underline and the color of the underline.…
I'm just gonna zoom in on this by pressing command…and spacebar and then clicking and dragging.…Now while I could do this on a case by case basis…by coming to underline options…it's gonna be far more efficient to do it…as a character style so let's just see how this is done.…I'll apply an underline and then I'll come to…my underline options and let's say in this case…I would like the underline color to be cyan…
- Creating a typographic workspace
- Understanding the anatomy and terminology of type
- Choosing typefaces
- Sizing and scaling type
- Formatting characters
- Adjusting leading (aka line spacing)
- Tracking and kerning
- Using the Glyphs panel
- Adding special characters: dashes, quotes, ellipses, and more
- Using OpenType features like ligatures and fractions
Skill Level Intermediate
Graphic Design Foundations: Typographywith Ina Saltz2h 23m Beginner
InDesign: Layout and Compositionwith Nigel French1h 27m Intermediate
1. Choosing and Combining Typefaces
2. Character Formatting
3. Leading (Line Spacing)
4. Letter Spacing, Tracking, and Kerning
5. Small and Important Details
6. OpenType features
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.