UX Design Tools: InDesign
At first glance, InDesign might not seem like a natural choice for UX design. But the interactive and animation tools that make InDesign great for designing ebooks and apps also happen to be ideal for designing wireframes and prototypes. In this installment of UX Design Tools, Justin Putney shows how to use InDesign's grid and guides to align wireframe objects, create shapes, save and reuse text and object styles, and add interactivity and motion to your designs. Plus, learn how to create alternative layouts and liquid layouts that automatically scale when displayed on different devices, and build a library of reusable artwork.
- Setting up your InDesign files
- Creating shapes
- Stacking and grouping artwork
- Adding placeholder text
- Adding interactivity and motion to wireframes
- Creating responsive wireframes
- Using master pages and object styles
- Exporting wireframes for clients and developers
- [Voiceover] Welcome to UX Design tools InDesign. I'm Justin Putney. In this course, we'll look at quick ways to set up documents. As well as how to set up guides and grids to quickly align wire frame objects. How to create shapes and organize content. And we'll learn how to save and reuse character, paragraph and object styles. Look at how to add inter-activity and add animations to your prototypes. And how to create alternate layouts and liquid layouts that scale to different devices.
We'll explore several ways to reuse content. And finally, we'll look at how to export your wire frames so you that you can either share them with a developer or send them to your client for review. So let's get started with UX Design Tools, InDesign.
Surfacing an F1 Wheel In Alias7,534 Views
Making Money with VRBO10,149 Views
Adobe Edge Code and Brackets: First Look75,682 Views
HTML5 Projects: Advanced To-Do List62,657 Views
Character Animation: Dialogue27,316 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Fundamentals1,678,359 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Mastery302,647 Views
Edge Animate Essential Training632,647 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Advanced392,295 Views
iOS 8 App Development with Swift 1 Essential Training1,024,214 Views