Join Keith Gilbert for an in-depth discussion in this video Transpose the characters, part of InDesign: Scripting Made Easy.
- In an earlier movie we learned how to create…a breakpoint.…Now we're going to put that knowledge…to good use as we learn a very important concept…of the InDesign object model.…It's a notion of parents.…Start by opening the Globe Bank_Small Biz Magazine…InDesign file, then open 08_03 Transpose_begin…in the tool kit.…Choose File, Save as, and name the file Transpose.…Every object in the InDesign object model…has a parent.…
The script should run and then pause at the breakpoint…
- What are InDesign scripts?
- Installing scripts
- Editing scripts
- Referencing InDesign objects in scripts
- Creating a script to set preferences
- Creating a script to watermark designs
- Creating a script to transpose characters
Skill Level Beginner
InDesign CC 2013 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner9h 31m Beginner
InDesign CC 2014: EPUBswith Anne-Marie Concepción4h 50m Beginner
InDesign: Layout and Compositionwith Nigel French1h 27m Appropriate for all
Word and InDesign: Integrationwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 30m Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Find and Install Scripts
3. Edit a Script
5. Reference InDesign Objects with a Script
6. Create a Script to Configure Preferences and Defaults
7. Create a Script to Add Document Watermarks
8. Create a Script to Transpose Two Characters
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.