Join Keith Gilbert for an in-depth discussion in this video Test and troubleshoot the script, part of InDesign: Scripting Made Easy.
- Hopefully the text that you typed…in the last movie went without a hitch,…and your script ran successfully.…But many scripts aren't so simple,…and you're bound to make mistakes.…What then?…Here are some things you can do…to make testing and troubleshooting…as easy as possible.…Begin by opening the Globe Bank Small Biz Magazine…InDesign file and then open the 06_03 Setup Begin file…in the Toolkit.…We're going to cause an intentional error here…by going to the end of line 23…and replacing the semicolon with a colon.…
And I want to show how you can easily identify…this type of error.…Just go to the Edit menu,…and choose Check Syntax.…When I do that…it's going to beep at me…and highlight line 23…and actually highlight that colon…and say, hey this is a problem.…And in the bottom lefthand corner…of the screen it says that…well what I expected is a semicolon.…So I can go and replace that colon…with a semicolon.…So now I can go to Edit…and choose Check Syntax again.…And notice by the way,…that there is a keyboard shortcut here…
- What are InDesign scripts?
- Installing scripts
- Editing scripts
- Referencing InDesign objects in scripts
- Creating a script to set preferences
- Creating a script to watermark designs
- Creating a script to transpose characters
Skill Level Beginner
InDesign CC 2013 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner9h 30m Beginner
InDesign: Layout and Compositionwith Nigel French1h 27m Appropriate for all
Word and InDesign: Integrationwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 29m Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Find and Install Scripts
3. Edit a Script
5. Reference InDesign Objects with a Script
6. Create a Script to Configure Preferences and Defaults
7. Create a Script to Add Document Watermarks
8. Create a Script to Transpose Two Characters
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.