Join James Fritz for an in-depth discussion in this video Taming the Timing panel, part of InDesign CS5: Interactive Documents and Presentations.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Creating animations and adding multimedia to your layouts is important.…But if they do not appear in the correct sequence your project will not be a success.…In this video, we're going to learn to use the Timing panel to set proper…playback of the animations on this spread.…Let's preview the spread.…(Rattling of the train)…You can see everything is out of order.…We heard a train noise, but there's no train.…We see part of pump showing up. Move finally comes in last.…It doesn't make any sense.…We have to put this in the right order.…
For that we're going to use the Timing panel.…So open the Timing panel. The Timing panel lets us control the order of…animations on the page.…It starts at the top and plays straight down.…If we want to change the order we can just drag them around.…I want the Move icon to happen first, so I am going to drag this to the top, …followed by Move.…That's going to have this little animation up appear followed by this one.…I want to have it followed by the Charge Station, then the Train and the mp3.…
- Studying new trends in digital design
- Creating a PDF and SWF presentation
- Building different navigation systems
- Creating interactive slideshows
- Animating a presentation as a SWF in InDesign
- Designing an interactive microsite
- Adding video and audio to a document
- Building an interactive TOC with buttons
- Using InDesign and Flash to build an interactive catalog
- InDesign to Flash production tips
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign CS5 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner10h 33m Beginner
1. Trends in Digital Design
2. Setting Up InDesign for Designing Digital Documents
3. Presentation File Format Options and Tips
4. Creating a Simple PDF or SWF Slide Presentation
5. Adding Advanced PDF Presentation Options
6. Building the Presentation as a Complex SWF File
7. Creating an Interactive Microsite
8. Creating an interactive Mood Board
9. Creating an Interactive Catalog
10. Converting from InDesign to Flash Professional
11. Production Tips for Going from InDesign to Flash
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.