How to set left, right, center, and decimal tabs as well as tab leaders.
- [Voiceover] Tabs are used for moving text…to a specified position on a line.…Tabs are automatically incorporated into bullet…or number lists, but can also be added manually by…pressing the tab key to create reply forms,…to align numbers on a decimal point, or to add dot leaders.…There are five types of tabs stop,…left, right, centered, decimal, and right indent.…The first three, left, right, and center,…all align the text relative to the tab position.…
I'll select this text ring, I'll press w to show my guides,…I also have my hidden characters shown…and we can see that we have a tab character inserted…at the front of every line.…I'll come to my type menu and choose tabs.…That will show my tab ruler.…If your tab ruler isn't aligned with the text frame,…then just click the magnet to align it.…When I click in this second line you can see that the…appearance of the tab character on the ruler changes,…its position stays the same.…
This is aligning center, this is aligning right.…The decimal tab aligns the text on a decimal point or indeed…
To get the most from this course, make sure to watch InDesign Typography Part 1.
- Text flow and text threading
- Placeholders and text frames
- Type alignment
- Indents, insets, and spacing
- Bullet and numbered lists
- Text wrap
- Formatting with styles
- Hyphenation and line breaks
- Combining typefaces
- White space and grids
Skill Level Intermediate
Graphic Design Foundations: Typographywith Ina Saltz2h 23m Beginner
InDesign: Layout and Compositionwith Nigel French1h 27m Intermediate
1. Text Flow
3. Indents, Insets, and Spacing
4. Typical Formatting Scenarios
5. Global Formatting with Styles
6. Controlling Text
7. Design Considerations
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.