Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Syncing Google Docs with InDesign via the DocsFlow plugin, part of Word and InDesign: Integration.
Are you a fan of Google Docs? I am.…I just love it. If I were signed into my actual Google…docs account, you would see hundreds of files here.…I'm signed in instead as Olivia. Google docs is a fantastic solution if…your writers want to collaborate and they are not in the same office.…For example I can create a new document and then start editing and doing some…simple formatting right here. And multiple people could be logged in and…editing at the same time. I can see there are little flags as they…are editing. Or of course we could just take turns.…
You can share docs with one or more people and then you can sync them to your hard…drive and do all sorts of great stuff. What I want to show you in this video is a…excellent plugin that integrates Google Docs with InDesign.…It's from emsoftware and I did show in a previous video their solution for…integrating Word files with InDesign. In a much better way than right out of the…box that InDesign does Called WordsFlow. But this is DocsFlows and it's for Google Docs.…
- Understanding the differences between InDesign and Word styles
- Identifying which formatting attributes transfer and which don't
- Controlling text formatting when cutting and pasting
- Placing Word files in InDesign with the Import Options dialog box
- Linking to Word files for automatic updating
- Working with footnotes, hyperlinks, and tracked changes
- Learning best practices for fixing text formatting
- Extracting embedded images and converting Word art
- Converting local formatting to character styles with free scripts
- Round-tripping to InDesign RTF to clear out file corruption
- Syncing Google Docs with InDesign via DocsFlow
- Converting Word docs to InCopy for fast and accurate formatting
Skill Level Intermediate
1. InDesign and Word Formatting Essentials
2. Best Practices for Getting Word Text into InDesign
3. Importing Other Word Elements into InDesign
4. Fixing Common Problems with Imported Word Text
5. Troubleshooting and Repairing Word Files
6. Exploring Alternatives to Word-Only Editorial Design Workflows
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.