Learn how to nominate a style source.
- [Narrator] This movie is about synchronizing styles…across a range of documents using the book feature.…When you're working on a project made up…of several documents, most obviously separate chapters…of a book, and you want to use the same styles…in all of those documents, you can synchronize them…using the book feature.…Let's imagine these are four chapters of my project.…And I want to add them to a book.…So first of all, I'm going to create a new book.…
I'll just have it titled book one.…And then from the book panel menu, I'll choose add document.…And select those four documents.…Click open.…And now they are all part of the same book.…The body style is the same in all the documents…and I want it to stay that way.…If I make a change in one document,…I want that change pushed out to all.…Let's say that I'm in chapter two and I'm experimenting…with the look of my body style.…
And I decide that I want to change it.…So I'm just going to make a few changes.…Now for whatever reason, I would like it to look like this.…
- Creating, applying, and redefining paragraph and character styles
- Using Quick Apply to apply styles
- Using GREP styles to automate text formatting
- Controlling text flow with styles
- Organizing content with paragraph rules and paragraph shading
- Creating, applying, and redefining object styles
- Applying styles with Find/Change
- Mapping Word styles to InDesign styles
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign CC 2017 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner6h 42m Beginner
InDesign: Designing Templateswith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 31m Intermediate
Accelerated Design with Comp CC and InDesignwith Tony Harmer1h 37m Intermediate
1. Paragraph and Character Styles Basics
2. Chapter Botched on Import
3. Advanced Text Styles
5. Object Styles
6. Table and Cell Styles
7. Other Uses of Styles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.