Join Nigel French for an in-depth discussion in this video Styles housekeeping, part of InDesign: Advanced Styles.
- [Instructor] Throughout the course of a project,…especially a large project,…your styles panel can get untidy.…It's a good idea to periodically do some housekeeping.…Firstly, to purge any unwanted styles,…come to your paragraph styles panel,…choose select all unused,…and then delete.…You can do the same thing on the character styles panel…and the objects style panel.…This is most necessary at the end of a project…before the final is archived…or is repurposed as the template for a similar project.…
Secondly, you can arrange your styles into groups.…As well as keeping like styles together,…this gives you more space to work with…on the paragraphs styles panel.…Making sure I have nothing selected,…I'm going to select theses three body styles,…and I will right click on any one of them,…and choose new group from styles.…Now I'm going to name the group.…Because style naming is case sensitive,…I can name that with a capital b,…and it's not going to conflict with the…lower case b that I have for this style name itself.…
- Creating, applying, and redefining paragraph and character styles
- Using Quick Apply to apply styles
- Using GREP styles to automate text formatting
- Controlling text flow with styles
- Organizing content with paragraph rules and paragraph shading
- Creating, applying, and redefining object styles
- Applying styles with Find/Change
- Mapping Word styles to InDesign styles
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign CC 2017 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner6h 43m Beginner
InDesign: Designing Templateswith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 30m Intermediate
Accelerated Design with Comp CC and InDesignwith Tony Harmer1h 37m Intermediate
1. Paragraph and Character Styles Basics
2. Managing Styles
3. Advanced Text Styles
5. Object Styles
6. Table and Cell Styles
7. Other Uses of Styles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.