Join Deke McClelland for an in-depth discussion in this video Stroking lines and images, part of Introducing InDesign.
- In this movie, I'll show you how to assign…strokes to objects.…Whether we're talking about lines, shapes,…or imported images.…And here's the idea,…if a Fill is the color assigned to the interior of a shape,…then the Stroke is the color assigned to its outline.…But where Stroke is concerned,…you have control over more than just the color,…you can change its thickness,…you can create dash outlines and so forth.…So let's say that I want to create a horizontal rule…underneath my text.…Then the first thing I'm going to do…is click on the fleur-de-lis to select it.…
In that way I'll draw the line on that same layer.…Then I'll select the Line Tool…which appears directly below the Type Tool…here inside the left hand tool box.…And then I'll drag from this vertical orange guideline…over to the other one on the right hand side.…Now if I want to angle of my line…to be exactly horizontal, which I do,…I need to press and hold the shift key.…And the great thing about the shift key…is it constraints the line to the…nearest 45 degree angle.…
- Creating a new InDesign document
- Navigating in InDesign
- Creating and formatting text
- Formatting text with paragraph styles
- Creating dynamic hyperlinks
- Adding, deleting, and moving pages
- Importing, cropping, and scaling photos
- Placing artwork
- Stacking and layering objects
- Wrapping text around a graphic
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Document and Setup
2. Rulers and Guides
Working with the rulers4m 4s
3. Text and Formatting
4. Automated Formatting
5. Pages and Pouring
6. Photos and Graphics
7. Combining Type and Graphics
8. Publishing Your Document
Next steps1m 11s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.