Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Managing the sequence of content: Articles panel, part of Learning InDesign CC 2015: EPUBs.
- When you have a layout that has lots of objects on it,…like this one, sometimes it's a surprise what order…they come out in after you export to EPUB.…I talked about that in the previous video,…about how InDesign uses layout order,…the position of objects on the page…going from left to right and top to bottom,…to govern how it exports items,…and that you'd have to move items around…in order to manage that.…If you skipped that video, just let me show you…the results of not doing anything…to the layout and exporting to EPUB.…
I'll press cmd or ctrl + e and export directly…to the desktop as reflowable EPUB using EPUB 3.0,…I don't need a cover, Based on Page Layout, click OK.…And it comes out in the wrong order,…all the pictures and things are at the end of the document,…and elements that we didn't want included,…like the background rectangle got exported anyway…So you'd have to do a lot of manipulation…to this file in order to clean it.…
A different way, instead of having to move items around,…is to use this panel called the Articles panel.…
- Choosing between fixed-layout and reflowable EPUB
- Creating an EPUB workspace in InDesign
- Managing the sequence of content
- Creating a table of contents for navigation
- Working with book files and Word documents
- Adding metadata
- Cleaning up text formatting
- Mapping text styles
- Optimizing images for EPUB export
- Exporting to EPUB2 and EPUB3
- Previewing and validating EPUB files
- Converting EPUBs to other formats
Skill Level Beginner
InDesign CC 2013 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner9h 31m Beginner
1. Understanding the Nature of EPUBs
2. Setting Up and Testing
3. Preparing the InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Optimizing Text for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Understanding the EPUB Export Options Dialog Box
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB files
8. Converting the EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
9. Keeping Up with the Field
Next steps3m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.